A Tandem Skydive is the quickest and easiest way to experience the exhilaration of being in freefall! Strapped to a highly qualified tandem instructor you will jump from 10,000 – 15,000 feet (depending on the centre and weather conditions) falling at speeds of around 120mph before your parachute is deployed for you to enjoy the views as you float back to the ground. No previous experience is necessary and it takes just 30 minutes to be trained to make the jump!
What to expect:
Training for your tandem skydive is simple and takes around 30 minutes, covering the following:
- The tandem parachute equipment and how it works.
- How you will be attached to your tandem instructor.
- The body position you need to adopt when leaving the aircraft and during free fall
- What to expect during the canopy ride and the landing process.
When it’s your turn, you will be given a jumpsuit, hat and goggles, and then fitted into your harness. Then you walk with your tandem instructor to board the plane where you will then be securely attached to your instructor. The plane will climb to an altitude of between 10,000 – 15,000 feet dependant on the weather and air traffic clearance.
When it is safe to do so, you and your tandem instructor will move to the door ready to exit the plane! On leaving the aircraft, you will freefall reaching a speed of 120mph before your tandem instructor opens the parachute at around 5,000 feet.
You then get to enjoy the local views, gliding through the air whilst suspended underneath your tandem parachute. You may even get the chance to take control and fly the canopy back to the landing area!
As you get near to the ground it’s time to wave to your friends and family and then feet up whilst your tandem instructor takes control and lands the canopy. Remember to smile for the camera!
Points to note:
- Approximately 30 minutes of training is needed and the tandem parachute jump can be completed on the same day, weather permitting.
- There is no upper age limit and you can start tandem skydiving as young as 16 years old!
- You will be required to present a signed BPA Medical Form prior to jumping i.e. Form 115a if you satisfy the requirements for self-declaration, or Form 115b if you need doctor's approval.
- The altitude you jump from varies from centre to centre and will be dependant on aircraft used, weather conditions and air traffic clearance on the day.
- Wear warm, loose, comfortable clothes and trainers with no hooks.
- Your tandem skydive can be captured using DVD and stills photos by one of our skilled camera flyers, so that you can relive your tandem skydive experience. Prices do vary from centre to centre, and you will be notified of the exact cost at the time of booking.
- There is a maximum weight limit which varies from centre to centre. Click here for a list of weight limits for each centre. Please note that your weight also needs to be in proportion to your height. Please call us before booking if you are in any doubt.
- Skydiving is a weather dependant sport. There can often be delays whilst we wait for the conditions to be suitable. Once you arrive, you should expect to be at the centre for the rest of the day.
- Not sure if the Tandem Skydive is the right course for you? Check out our simple skydiving course comparison
- Need a Female Tandem Instructor? We have 3 venues i.e. Norwich, Brigg and Bridlington who have a female instructor available. Please check availability before booking.
The quickest and easiest way to book, is by going to our Booking Page and then follow the very simple steps. However if you wish to talk to a member of our Sales Team, please call us on 01869 278706. Lines open 9am - 6pm Monday – Friday, 10am – 4pm Saturday and Sunday.