Below is a list of weight restrictions for each centre. All weights refer to you being fully clothed with shoes and no you can’t wear flip flops! It is very important from a safety perspective that you abide by the limits for your chosen course and centre.
The limits do vary from centre to centre depending on the size of parachutes they have available. In the case of tandem skydives, the limits may also vary based on the size of instructors available as it is the combined weight of instructor and tandem student that determines whether it is safe to jump.
Most centres will also use a Body Mass Index (BMI) chart to help them make their decision. On some occasions, people who are within the weight limit may still be refused if their weight is not proportionate to their height. Please check with us before booking if you have any doubts.
For Static Line and Accelerated Free Fall bookings, all centres will use the BMI limits set by the British Parachute Association which details the maximum weights allowed for each height. This table is shown on the Solo Parachutist Fitness Declaration Form (BPA Form 114-A).
You will be asked for your weight and height at the time of booking and will be advised if you are too heavy to jump. We will only accept your booking if you are within the correct limit.
On the day of the skydive, you will be weighed. If you are over the required safety limit, you risk loosing your deposit and forfeiting your skydive.
|Centre||Tandem||Static Line / AFF|
|Amesbury, Wiltshire||16 stone||16 stone||14 stone||14 stone|
|Brackley, Northants||15 stone||15 stone||15 stone||15 stone|
|Bridlington, E. Yorkshire||15.5 stone||15.5 stone||15.5 stone||15.5 stone|
|Brigg, N. Lincolnshire||16 stone||16 stone||15 stone||15 stone|
|Cambridge, Cambridgeshire||16 stone||16 stone||14.7 stone||14.7 stone|
|Errol, Perthshire||14 stone||14 stone||14 stone||14 stone|
|Grange-over-Sands, Cumbria||15 stone||15 stone||15 stone||12 stone|
|Honiton, Devon||15 stone||15 stone||14.5 stone||14.5 stone|
|Lancaster, Lancashire||15 stone||13 stone||15 stone||13 stone|
|Maidstone, Kent||14.5 stone||13.5 stone||14.5 stone||13.5 stone|
|Norwich, Norfolk||16.5 stone||16.5 stone||16.5 stone||16.5 stone|
|Nottingham, Nottinghamshire||15 stone||15 stone||16 stone||16 stone|
|Perranporth, Cornwall||15 stone||15 stone||15 stone||15 stone|
|Peterborough, Cambridgeshire||15 stone||15 stone||14.5 stone||14.5 stone|
|Reading||15 stone||15 stone||16 stone||14 stone|
|Shotton Colliery, Co Durham||15.5 stone||15.5 stone||16 stone 12lbs||16 stone 12lbs|
|Salisbury, Wiltshire||16 - 18 stone||16 - 18 stone||n/a||n/a|
|Swansea, S. Wales||15 stone||13 stone||n/a||n/a|
|Swindon, Wiltshire||15 stone||13 stone||15 stone||13 stone|
|Whitchurch, Shropshire||15 stone||15 stone||14.5 stone||14.5 stone|
Please note that these weight limits are correct at the time of print. Any changes will be notified at the time of booking.
Additional points to note:
- Bridlington can take tandems up to a weight limit of 16 stone by prior arrangement. If the jumper exceeds 15.5 stone, please contact us first prior to booking.
- Cambridge will charge an additional £10 for tandem jumpers weighing more than 15 stone. The maximum weight limit for AFF Level 1 is 14.7 stone, however AFF students can weigh up to 15.7 stone for levels 2-8.
- Honiton will take tandems up to a weight limit of 18 stone, however they will charge £20 for every stone bracket that exceeds 15 stone. E.g. 15.1 stone will result in an extra £20 charge.
- Salisbury will take tandems up to a weight limit of 18 stone, however they will charge £10 for every stone bracket that exceeds 15 stone. E.g. 15.1 stone will result in an extra £10 charge.
- Swindon will take tandem jumpers up to 16 stone as long as they exceed 5 feet 9 (men) and up to 14 stone as long as they exceed 5 feet 9 (women).