Below is a list of weight restrictions for each centre. All weights refer to you being fully clothed with shoes and no you can’t wear flip flops! It is very important from a safety perspective that you abide by the limits for your chosen course and centre. Please also check the notes below the table which list additional stipulations set by some of the centres.
The limits do vary from centre to centre depending on the size of parachutes they have available. In the case of tandem skydives, the limits may also vary based on the size of instructors available as it is the combined weight of instructor and tandem student that determines whether it is safe to jump.
Most centres will also use a Body Mass Index (BMI) chart to help them make their decision. On some occasions, people who are within the weight limit may still be refused if their weight is not proportionate to their height. Statistics show that you are more likely to injure yourself on the landing if you are carrying extra weight for your height. Please check with us before booking if you have any doubts.
Centres will use the BMI limits set by British Skydiving which details the maximum weights allowed for each height. This table is shown on the Student Tandem Parachutist Medical Information and Declaration (BS Form 115-A) for Tandem jumpers and on the Solo Parachutist Fitness Declaration Form (BS Form 115-C) for Static Line and Accelerated Freefall jumpers.
You will be asked for your weight and height at the time of booking and will be advised if you are too heavy to jump. We will only accept your booking if you are within the correct limit.
On the day of the skydive, you will be weighed. If you are over the required safety limit, you risk loosing your deposit and forfeiting your skydive.
|Centre||Tandem||Static Line / AFF|
|Amesbury, Wiltshire||16 stone||16 stone||14 stone||14 stone|
|Brackley, Northants||15 stone||15 stone||15 stone||15 stone|
|Bridlington, E. Yorkshire||15 stone||15 stone||14 stone||14 stone|
|Brigg, N. Lincolnshire||15 stone||15 stone||15 stone||15 stone|
|Cambridge, Cambridgeshire||16 stone||16 stone||14 stone 7lbs||14 stone 7lbs|
|Durham, Co. Durham||15 stone 6lbs||14 stone 11lbs||16 stone 7lbs||16 stone 7lbs|
|Errol, Perthshire||14 stone||14 stone||14 stone||14 stone|
|Grange-over-Sands, Cumbria||15 stone||15 stone||n/a||n/a|
|Honiton, Devon||15 stone||15 stone||n/a||n/a|
|Lancaster, Lancashire||15 stone||13 stone||15 stone||13 stone|
|Maidstone, Kent||14 stone 7lbs||14 stone 7lbs||n/a||n/a|
|Norwich, Norfolk||15 stone 8lbs||15 stone 6lbs||15 stone 7lbs||14 stone|
|Nottingham, Nottinghamshire||15 stone||15 stone||n/a||n/a|
|Perranporth, Cornwall||14 stone||14 stone||15 stone||15 stone|
|Peterborough, Cambridgeshire||15 stone 6lbs||15 stone 6lbs||15 stone 7lbs||14 stone|
|Salisbury, Wiltshire||16 - 18 stone||16 - 18 stone||n/a||n/a|
|Swansea, S. Wales||16 - 18 stone||16 - 18 stone||n/a||n/a|
|Whitchurch, Shropshire||15 stone||15 stone||14 stone 7lbs||14 stone 7lbs|
Please note that these weight limits are correct at the time of print. Any changes will be notified at the time of booking.
Additional points to note:
- Brigg will in some cases accept people who exceed 15 stone (95kg) but weigh no more than 15 stone 10lbs (100kg). There is however a £15 surcharge for those people weighing 96kg - 100kg.
- Cambridge will charge an additional £10 for tandem jumpers weighing more than 15 stone. The maximum weight limit for AFF Level 1 is 14.7 stone, however AFF students can weigh up to 15.7 stone for levels 2-8.
- Honiton will take tandems up to a weight limit of 18 stone, however they will charge £20 for every stone bracket that exceeds 15 stone. E.g. 15.1 stone will result in an extra £20 charge.
- Lancaster will not take any person weighing less than 8 stone.
- Maidstone apply a lower weight limit i.e. 12 stone 9 (80kg) for those people who are 5 feet 2 and under. People who are 5 feet 3 up to 5 feet 6 need to be no more than 13 stone 7 (86kg. For those people who are 5 feet 7 or more, the weight limit is 14 stone 7 (92kg).
- Salisbury will take tandems up to a weight limit of 18 stone, however they will charge £10 for every stone bracket that exceeds 15 stone. E.g. 15.1 stone will result in an extra £10 charge.
- Swansea will take tandems up to a weight limit of 18 stone, however they will charge £10 for every stone bracket that exceeds 15 stone. E.g. 15.1 stone will result in an extra £10 charge.